Arihant Capital Markets Limited understands that you have entrusted us with personal information that is both important and confidential. We take our responsibility to protect your information extremely seriously. We are committed to keeping non-public personal information about you secure and confidential.
How we collect information from you
From time to time, we may collect a variety of personal information about you, including:
- Information we receive from you on applications and forms, via the telephone, and through our websites;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others (such as your purchases, sales, or account balances)
Generally, you may visit arihantcapital.com anonymously and obtain information about our Company and products and services without providing any personal information. However, in a few sections of our website, we ask you to provide information that will enable us to enhance your site visit or to follow up with you after your visit. It is completely optional for you to participate. We collect personal information from you in a number of ways:
- Account Opening and Registration: We collect information from you when you request to open an account or register with arihantcapital.com(My Arihant section to visit restricted section of the website). You will also be asked for information when you choose to register with My Arihant. The information we collect may include your name, address, phone number, email address, and date of birth, as well as details about your interests and investments. You will be asked if you choose to receive special offers, promotions and reports. You will also be asked for a login name, password or password validation and other personal information that is needed to register or subscribe you to services or offers.
- Request a Callback: We ask for your name and contact details if you wish to inquire about our services or open an account on various pages of the website through Request a Callback Form.
- Contact Us: When you request us to contact you through Contact Us Form, we ask you for some personal details which may include your name, email address, address, phone numbers and your comments.
- Website usage: When you visit our website, our computer may use devices known as "cookies," graphic interchange format files (GIFs), or other similar web tools to enhance your web experience. These tools enable us to recognize you when you return to our site, maintain your web session while you browse, as well as help us provide you with a better, more personalized experience at Arihant.
How is the collected information used?
The personal information you provide is kept confidential and used to support our customer relationship with you. We may use the information you provide to improve our services to you, to provide you with products you have requested, to inform you about additional products or services that may be of interest to you and to inform you of special offers or upgrades.
If you do not want to receive information about special offers, upgrades, newsletter, mailing list from arihantcapital.com or its affiliates, you are given the opportunity to unsubscribe for the emails or opt-out from the calls you receive and we will ensure you are not contacted further, unless you wish to.
The personal data of customers and website visitors is stored indefinitely and may be collected and processed in one or more data bases maintained directly or indirectly by arihantcapital.com. By providing personal information to arihantcapital.com, you agree and understand that arihantcapital.com and its affiliates may access, store, and use this information for a variety of purposes including identification, registration, authentication and marketing.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Information sharing within the Arihant family of companies
We selectively share your information with Arihant Capital Markets Ltd’s affiliates. Arihant is part of the Arihant Family of financial services companies. Arihant and its affiliates together offer you a host of financial services and products to help you meet your financial goals.
Many clients within the Arihant family of companies do business with more than one affiliate of Arihant to meet individual needs. When appropriate, Arihant may share information we collect about you within our family of companies to help you serve better.
How we share information about you outside of the Arihant family of companies
We do not disclose your non-public personal information, except as permitted by applicable law or regulation. For example, we may share this information with others in order to process your transactions. We may also provide this information to companies that perform services on our behalf, such as printing and mailing, marketing survey, or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We will require these companies to protect the confidentiality of this information and to use it only to perform the services for which we hired them.
We provide access to information about you to outside companies and other third parties in certain limited circumstances, including:
- To help us process transactions for your account;
- When we use another company to provide services for us, such as printing and mailing your account statements;
- When we believe that disclosure is required or permitted under law. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with regulatory or law enforcement authorities, to resolve consumer disputes, or for risk control; we will whenever called upon to do so, disclose your personal information to any Government, Central or State, local or public or regulatory authority such as the Securities and Exchanges Board of India (SEBI), Reserve Bank of India (RBI) or such other authority;
- When we enter into a joint marketing agreement with another financial institution in order to provide you with an Arihant Capital Markets Ltd. (or other Arihant affiliate-branded) financial product or service. We only make such agreements with companies that we believe can help us provide a financial product or service that will benefit you;
- When we believe that in order to help you serve better we may appoint an outside agency to take feedback from you on how you feel about our products and services and similar information.
Safeguarding Your Information
We take precautions to ensure the information we collect about you is protected and is accessed only by authorized individuals or organizations.
We are committed to keeping accurate, up-to-date records to help ensure the integrity of the information we maintain about you. If you identify an inaccuracy in your personal information, or if you need to make a change to it, please contact us promptly by calling 0731-3016100/101.
Authentication is the process that our clients and registered users go through to access secure areas of our Website. This process takes place when you log into your account. The two key components of login are your Login ID and Password.
Login ID: Our system generates an automatic login ID for you which is emailed at your correspondence address.
Passwords: We maintain strict rules to help prevent others from guessing your password, and recommend that you change your password periodically. Your password must meet the following criteria:
- Atleast 6 characters long
- Include both letters and numbers
In addition, for your protection, repeated unsuccessful attempts to log in will cause your online access to be disabled. Once this happens your password must be reset. If this happens to you inadvertently, please follow the instructions under “Forgot your password” on the Login page.
Arihant maintains information on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and You Tube. When you post information on Arihant social media pages it will be subject to the privacy and security conditions of the social media site. When you log into Arihant owned social media properties, we collect information about your activities on those properties. The information we review includes whether you visited or commented on a blog or provided a rating.
Arihant mobile applications are not socially enabled and do not allow you to connect to and share information with a community of other users, such as Facebook or Twitter, or the general public, such as You Tube.
The website www.arihantcapital.com contains public forums, message/boards and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Arihant will not be responsible in case of any misuse of information available in these forums or message boards.
Cookies and other tracking devices
Cookies also may be placed by third parties when you access their sites through linking from this website. We do not have access to these cookies or any information that these cookies may contain. Please contact the third-party site for more information on these cookies. We are not responsible for the actions or policies of such parties.
Arihant may share website usage information about visitors to the website with reputable advertising companies for targeting our Internet banner advertisements on this site and other sites. For this purpose pixel tags or other web tools may be used to note the pages you've visited. The information collected by the advertising company through the use of these tools is not personally identifiable. These advertising companies have their own privacy policies.
Privacy Statement to the sites to which we link
How to Protect Against Phishing
What is phishing?
Phishing is the illegal attempt to mislead consumers into providing personal or financial information, including account numbers, passwords and Social Security numbers, via email or through fraudulent websites.
The most frequent phishing attacks occur through email disguised to appear as though it came from a reputable financial institution or company.
Most phishing attempts urge you to update or validate your account information, typically through a link in an email directing you to a fake website that appears to be legitimate.
How to spot a phishing attack
There are many phishing attacks active on the Internet. Here are a few of their lines and lures:
- An email contains an “urgent” or “shocking” tone requesting your immediate action on an account-related matter. Phishers frequently succeed by getting consumers to act quickly without thinking.
- An email is sent from a user falsely claiming to be a legitimate company with an attachment. An unsolicited email attachment more than likely contains a virus. Do not open it.
- A pop-up window appears from a user falsely claiming to be a legitimate company’s website asking for personal information.
How to Report a Phishing Attack
If you suspect you have received a fraudulent email from Arihant capital markets ltd. or any of its subsidiary companies, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe that any communications with or from Arihant resulted in identity theft, call us immediately at 0731-3016100.
To learn more about Phishing Scams or Identity Theft visit www.antiphishing.org
General Online and Mobile Safety Tips
Follow these guidelines to ensure online safety
- You should never share your UserID or password with anyone, and never write it down. If you share your password with a third party, you assume responsibility for their actions. Be extremely cautious about using aggregation services, as you are sharing your username and password with a third party.
- Avoid accessing your account from public computers in libraries, hotels, internet cafes, etc.-they can be accessed by malicious users who may have installed software in them to record your keystrokes. If you must use a public computer, make sure it is from a reputable provider.
- When you are finished accessing your account, always log off and close your browser.
Avoid Email Fraud
Email can be a source of danger. Many internet scams today involve email messages that appear to come from a trusted source, but are not trustworthy. Additionally, email attachments can be harmful because they can contain viruses.
Do not respond to suspicious emails, the following email messages can be indications that an email is fake:
- The email claims to be from a legitimate company requesting that you change your password by clicking on a link. It may even threaten to suspend your account if you do not do this.
- The email claims to be from a person in authority requesting a copy of a password file, UserID, or banking information.
- The email asks you to verify your account information by clicking on a link and filling in a form.
- Right click on the link in the email and select properties. If the section under URL Address contains an '@' symbol or does not appear to be a arihantcapital.com address then it is likely fraudulent.
Here are some ways to protect yourself from email fraud:
- Do not reply to any email asking for personal information.
- Use antivirus software and keep it updated. Scan all attachments with an anti-virus software program before downloading.
- Do not visit links sent by email as these can lead to phishing sites-sites made to look legitimate and designed to collect your personal information. One way to avoid this is to enter the URL into your browser instead of clicking the link.
- Do not open or reply to spam email which can prompt more spam to be sent to your inbox.
- Turn off the "preview pane," as this allows some viruses to be executed even if you never actually open the email.
- Report suspicious email to Arihant Capital.
To find out more about email fraud and phishing, go to How to spot phishing.
Beware of Stock Spam
Online investors should be aware of stock spam schemes that guarantee high returns but dupe you. In other words, a company might be promoted and recommended as the latest hot stock in chat rooms, supposedly unbiased newsletters, or even in its own press releases. Unwitting investors purchase the stock, creating high demand and inflating its price. Then those who are behind the scheme sell their shares at the peak, stop the hype, and the stock price plummets-causing regular investors to lose money.
To protect yourself, always do your research before you invest:
- Consider the source. Be skeptical. People promoting a share may well be individuals who stand to profit.
- Verify information. Making grand claims is easy for a company to do. Before you invest, be sure to independently verify those claims. When you see an offer in an email or on the Internet, assume it’s a scam unless your own research proves it’s legitimate.
- Know where the stock trades. Many of the smallest and most thinly traded shares trade in the
If you receive a stock spam email you can file a complaint with the Securities and Exchange Board of India. You probably only receive an auto-reply from them, but they do take complaints seriously and may be acting on yours behind the scenes.
This notice is being provided on behalf of:
- Arihant Capital Markets Limited
- Arihant Futures and Commodities Limited
- Arihant Financial Planners and Advisors Pvt Ltd
- and other affiliated companies of Arihant Capital Markets Limited
You agree and understand that the information and material contained in this website implies and constitutes your consent to the terms and conditions mentioned below. You also agree that Arihant Capital Markets Ltd or any of its affiliates (hereinafter referred to as Arihant) can modify or alter the terms and conditions of the use of this service without any liability.
The content of the site and the interpretation of data are solely the personal views of the contributors. Arihant reserves the right to make modifications and alterations to the content of the website. Users are advised to use the data for the purpose of information only and rely on their own judgment while making investment decisions. The investments discussed or recommended may not be suitable for all investors. Arihant does not warranty the timeliness, accuracy or quality of the electronic content.
The content of the website cannot be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed for any non-personal use without obtaining prior permission from Arihant. We reserve the right to terminate the accounts of subscribers/customers, who violate the proprietary rights, in addition to necessary legal action.
Arihant Capital Markets Ltd, and its owners/affiliates are not liable for damages caused by any performance, failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in transmission or operations, computer virus, communications line failure, and unauthorized access to the personal accounts. Arihant is not responsible for any technical failure or malfunctioning of the software or delays of any kind. We are also not responsible for non-receipt of registration details or e-mails. Users shall bear all responsibility of keeping the password secure. Arihant is not responsible for the loss or misuse of the password.
Arihant is not responsible for the content of any of the linked sites. By providing access to other web-sites, Arihant is neither recommending nor endorsing the content available in the linked websites.
You agree that the information gathered from your profile will be used to enhance your experience on the website. We will not rent or sell the profile to any third party. In case of a contest or a promotion scheme, we reserve the right to share the users profile with the sponsors. In the event of necessary credit checks and collection of payments, Arihant can disclose such information to other authorities in good faith. Arihant will use all or any part of the service and change terms without any obligation.
Limitation of Liability
Although Arihant attempts to ensure the integrity, correctness and authenticity of the website, a possibility exists that the website could include inaccuracies or errors. Arihant makes no guarantees whatsoever as to its completeness, correctness or accuracy. In the event that such an inaccuracy arises, please inform Arihant so that it can be corrected. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, online services or mobile services.
Arihant is not in any manner answerable, responsible or liable to any person or persons for any acts of omission or commission, errors, mistakes and/or violation, actual or perceived, by us or our partners, agents, associates etc., of any of the Rules, Regulations, Bye-laws of the stock exchanges, SEBI Act or any other laws in force from time to time.
Investments and Decisions
Users of this website and mobile application are advised to use the data/information available for the purpose of information only and rely on their own judgment while making any decisions including investment decisions.
Any investments discussed or recommended are not intended to offer or solicit an offer to buy and/or sell any securities mentioned therein and/or is not an official confirmation of any transaction. Also, the same may not be suitable for all investors. The data/information contained in this web site may be based on sources believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed by Arihant.
Arihant is an integrated financial services group, having interests in investment banking, institutional equity sales, trading, research and broking, fixed income products investment, broking and distribution, currency broking, commodity broking, Non Banking Finance Company activities, private equity and asset reconstruction. In the normal course of business, it may perform or seek to perform investment banking services for any of the company(s) mentioned therein on the web site or be engaged in any other transaction involving such securities and earn brokerage or other compensation or act as a market maker in the financial instruments of the company(s) discussed herein or act as advisor or lender / borrower to such company(s) or have other potential conflict of interest with respect to any recommendation and related information and opinions. Arihant and its directors and employees may, from time to time, buy or sell the securities or derivatives thereof, of company(s) mentioned herein on the web site.
Arihant’s research reports are for your information only and are not an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, the securities or instruments named or described in the report. Interested parties are advised to contact the entity with which they deal, or the entity that provided this report to them, if they desire further information.
The information in the reports have been obtained or derived from sources believed by Arihant to be reliable, but Arihant does not represent that this information is accurate or complete. Any opinions or estimates contained in the report represent the judgment of Arihant at this time, and are subject to change without notice. Arihant and its affiliates may from time to time provide advice with respect to, acquire, hold, or sell a position in, the securities or instruments named or described in this report, which may be contradictory.
Certain sections or pages on this web site may contain separate disclaimer and/or terms and conditions, which are in addition to these disclaimer or terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between the two, the additional disclaimer or terms and conditions will govern those sections or pages.
Arihant is not answerable, responsible or liable for any information on this Website or for any services rendered by our employees, and us. If you do not agree to any of the terms mentioned in this agreement, you should exit the site.